Proper Vehicle Wraps Cleaning Care
- Be sure to wash your vehicle wraps using a mixture of car soap and clean water
- You need to wash your wrapped car often (2-3 times per month) especially after a rainstorm
- Before using a new cleaning solution on your vehicle wrap make sure to try a little bit on an inconspicuous spot and read the labels for warnings
- Wash your wrapped truck with a soft sponge
- After washing, rinse your wrapped truck with clean water
- Make sure to use a microfiber cloth or chamois to dry your vehicle wrap
- Protect your wrapped vehicle with a polymer based synthetic wax. It is recommended that you apply this to your entire car wrap every 6 months and every 3 months on the non-vertical areas.
Improper Vehicle Wraps Care
- Don’t let gas or any other type of fuel drip onto your vehicle wrap. Clean it off promptly with soap and water to avoid damage.
- Avoid using harsh soaps and detergents when washing your truck wrap. The UV laminate that is applied to your vehicle wrap graphics can be damaged and will greatly reduce its longevity.
- Do not use abrasive sponges or brushes on your vehicle wrap
- Don’t take your truck wrap through an automatic car wash (it can cause scratches or peeling)
- Avoid a pressure washer at at any time to clean the vehicle wrap
Additional Vehicle Wraps Care Tips
- Avoid long periods of sun exposure to your car wrap
- Drive the vehicle regularly and try to avoid parking your wrapped vehicle in the same direction, this may cause the wrap to fade prematurely on one side due to sun exposure (prominent with western exposure)
- Park your wrapped vehicle under cover or in a garage whenever not being used for advertising