According to the Dotcom Distribution Packaging Report 2015, 60% of all respondents reveal that they would share the product image on social media if they thought it looked nice. Of those respondents, 84% used Facebook, 32% Twitter, 31% Instagram, 28% YouTube and 20% Pinterest to share their new purchase with their friends. That’s huge opportunity to increase your customer base and if those respondents convince a fraction of their friends to purchase your products, then that obviously in turn helps your profits. What to take away from the report
- Premium packaging that is gift-like, branded or fancier than brown box packaging exceeds customer expectations and creates a memorable experience.
- The excitement generated from a premium-packaged product encourages consumers to share their experience on social media sites as they would any other meaningful life event.
- Consumers look to social media content posted by their peers when researching products they want to purchase online.
- Most consumers admit to being influenced to make a purchase after viewing an image or video of a product they were researching online
- Premium packaging creates an opportunity for social sharing, and those images and videos shared on social media are likely to influence new customers to make a purchase.